Lambs Cross Farm was built in the eighties. Lambs’ Cross is the junction of Rampton Drift, Cottenham Road and Guns Lane, which runs to Histon.

Lambs Cross

The site was previously known as Cuckoo Farm and buildings can be seen on the 1898 map below. Note the dotted parish boundary deviated from Rampton Drift to include Cuckoo Farm. The current Parish boundary follows the path of Rampton Drift and no longer includes the buildings of Lambs Cross Farm. Cuckoo Lane is the track further down the Cottenham Road to the North East of Rampton Drift.

On 31th July, 1942 a Junkers ju88 crashed at Cuckoo Farm, after being hit by flak. All the crew onboard were killed.

The following reference is from British History Online:-

Shortly after inclosure in 1856 the Lintons built an outlying farmstead and cottage at Cuckoo hill in the north

Back to Farms Back to Westwick

Leave a Reply