A plot on the east side of the road, formerly owned by Queens College, was sold by auction in July 1926. Rev. Aubyn Littledale, vicar of Oakington was the vendor acting with the approval of the Diocese of Ely. The buyer was Bernard Doggett at Myrtle Cottage. However there is a document stating that Frances Mary Thwaites passed the land to Mrs G M Doggett when she was acting as Executrix for Elizabeth Radford, presumably Ruby’s Mother.
Mrs Doggett kept chickens here which used to get out onto the road. NH’s sister SW bought this land and had the road’s fourth house (number 2) built there in the early nineties – by Jan Builders.
NH, HA, LW