Hill Croft Cottage
Hillcroft Cottage (also sometimes referred to as the farmhouse) is the oldest house in Mill Road, the earliest part of which dates from 1919 – probably the first house to be built in Oakington after the first world war. Their daughter Ruby was nanny for many years at Westwick Hall. By the 1970s Mrs Barrett and her son, a university academic, lived at Hillcroft Cottage. Hannah recalls that she accidentally set fire to it! The Jacksons bought the house from Mrs Barrett and sold to the current owners.
JH, HA, NH