The earliest known residents of Chestnut Villa were Andrew Charles Harradine and Martha Harradine. In 1924 they also owned a ‘Fruit Garden’ situated in Mill Field adjacent to Mill Road, now No. 2 Mill Road. They leased it to Bernard Albert Doggett of Myrtle Cottage for a period of 4 years.
Later Harold J & Olive M Brickwood lived at Chestnut Villa. Harold or ‘Brock’ as he was known was the last miller at the Windmill.
Chestnut Villa featured in Location, Location, Location in 2010.