Church View was built in the late seventies, prior to that it was a pasture field, which was part of the Manor House. Oakington resident John Bull who lived in a bungalow opposite the School (it stood in the plot now occupied by 51 Water Lane), kept his two horses Lucy & Hopeful in there. According to the 1834 Enclosures Award Act the field was known as Camping Close.
The field was sold on the 19th July 1973, by the Owens, who were the owners of the Manor House, as a building plot.
Building started in 1978 and the development consisted of 2 detached bungalows, 9 detached houses, 4 semi detached houses and 13 terraced houses. The 1st builder went bankrupt and R & H Wale took over in 1979 the first residents moved in late 1980.